Oxygen (O2) is also a gas essential to life, as it is necessary to breathe. Without it we could only survive a few minutes. It is found in the air and in the water, and is involved in every function of our body. It is the “fuel” of all cells.
Medical ozone therapy is a set of medical treatments that use the properties of ozone and oxygen to improve the functioning of the organs and tissues, and treat multiple diseases arising from the malfunction.
It is also a revitalizing and regenerative treatment, resulting in a great improvement of life quality, even in healthy people. Its great advantage is that it is a painless, non-invasive treatment and can be combined with any other therapy that the patient is practicing.
• EFFECTS OF OZONE ON THE HUMAN BODY
• Increases the number of red blood cells, which are responsible for transporting oxygen to all body cells.
• Anti-aging effect: increases the production of protective antioxidant substances capable of reducing the harmful effects of free radicals.
• Stimulates the regeneration of tissues, thereby improving skin condition and mucous membranes.
• Improves the circulation at the level of capillaries, facilitating the peripheral or distal circulation.
• Energizing action, acts against fatigue and tiredness.
• Regulation of the sleep cycle.
• Decreases the depressive state.
• Improves mental performance.
• Powerful disinfectant that acts against bacteria, fungi and viruses.
• Important analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
• Produces an increase of the general defenses.
• Reduced levels of blood cholesterol, triglycerides and uric acid.
• MEDICAL BENEFITS OF OZONE:
• Chronic muscle and joint pain: fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, arthritis, lumbago and sciatica, contractures, tendinitis, herniated discs.
• Rejuvenation Treatment.
• Dermatology: acne, rosacea, etc.
• Stress, physical or mental fatigue.
• Anxiety and depression.
• Menopausal disorders.
• Infectious diseases: viruses, bacteria, fungi, herpes.
• Immune Diseases.
• Renal vascular: varicose veins, ulcers in legs and feet, etc.
• Respiratory diseases: chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, etc.
How is Ozone given?
There are several ways of administration of oxygen-ozone. The most common treatments used for anti-aging, health and welfare are:
It is the most used technique. Consists in extracting about 150cc of blood into a vacuum glass bottle, through a small puncture in the vein and introducing ozone into the bottle; it is stirred for approximately one minute and re-infused back into the patient. The whole process is performed completely sterile.
DIRECT INTRAVENOUS APPLICATION:
A venous access will be administered with a very fine needle, a syringe is filled with 20cc of ozone and introduced slowly. The introduction takes approximately 20 minutes and is always done through an infusion pump. Due to the exchange of gases produced during the first sessions of treatment, sometimes a little cough and scratchy throat occur, in rare cases the patient feels some tightness in the chest. These effects are always controllable and temporary.
A very thin tube is inserted rectally, well lubricated, for example with Vaseline, using a syringe of 50 cc were ozone is slowly introduced into the body. This technique is very simple and fast.